This page contains third party links to an alternate web site not operated by the Credit Union. The Credit Union is not responsible for the content and does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the Credit Union.
Annual Student Essay Contest
2022 Student Essay Contest
Write On! Pioneer Valley Credit Union is proud to announce the 2022 Student Essay Contest.
The contest rules and eligibility requirements for participants are as follows:
• Only students currently in the seventh and eighth grades are eligible to participate.
• Students must be Massachusetts residents.
• Schools must be located in Massachusetts.
• Students must be sponsored by a member credit union in good standing with the CCUA.
• All essays must be handwritten by the student.
• Essays should be no more than 250 words in length.
• Only one essay per student may be submitted. Each student may be sponsored by only one credit union.
• Each essay should include the student’s name and grade level, home address, school name, teacher’s
name, principal’s name and sponsoring credit union (Pioneer Valley Credit Union).
• Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
There will be eight winners with the following awards:
First Prize (1) - $500
Finalists (7) - $250
Honorable Mention (10) – $50
2022 ESSAY CONTEST QUESTION
“Your community, your country and the entire world continues to battle the effects of the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Everyone has experienced changes in how we work, how we learn, how we socialize and credit unions have worked hard to continue to serve their members’ varied financial needs under very challenging circumstances – remote workers, sick or caregiving staff, COVID restrictions such as masks, social distancing, and protective barriers, etc. Please share the three biggest COVID impacts in your own life and how you have challenged yourself to overcome them.”
Students are asked to write an essay revolving around this theme. The essay should be no more than 250 words in length. Please follow guidelines above.
Student Essay Contest Application - Contest period has ended.
APPLICANTS MUST MAIL OR DROP OFF COMPLETED SUBMISSIONS TO:
Pioneer Valley Credit Union
ATTN: Essay Committee
246 Brookdale Drive
Springfield, MA 01104
Application deadline is January 24, 2022.
View All Blog Posts
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate; APY = Annual Percentage Yield; Terms and conditions apply.
Click here for Loan Rates & Disclosure. Click here for Home Loan Rates & Disclosure. Click here for Savings Rates & Disclosure.
Calculator is for informational use only. Your actual loan terms will vary based on a number of factors.
Open an Account
Calculator is for informational use only. Your actual savings will vary based on a number of factors.